- in 1001 Things I have Done . . . So Get Off The Freakin' Couch!, 1001 Things to Do Before I Die, Belle Hell, Books & Hooks, Daily WHY THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK, Holy Crap..., I'm Bothered, Literary News, POETIC PROSE, PROSE, Reality Bites, THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK - An Edgy Memoir of an Outspoken Survivor, Things to Ponder, Uncategorized, Widow 101.A, Writing Gems
- Leave a comment
Entry 6, Chapter 2… Why The Widow Wears Black
It’s no secret that I am… was… a widow.
This is a thrust story of edgy survival, desperation, wit and humor.
An irreverant look at the death of a husband… my husband… my late husband.
This was then… Real life. Real death.
In Why The Widow Wears Black, my Award-Winning Book, will be posted in it’s entirety. This book is dedicated to my children… and their survival… And, to Jim, my new husband. Without their support this book would not have been written.
Be sure to sign up, so that you don’t miss an entry.
This is a True Life Story.
So, it goes like this . . .
Entry 6, Chapter 2
His overeating and his weight exacerbated that sleep apnea thing I am sure.
And, the cigars. All that smoking. Five or more a day?
I see it, now. The whole hindsight thing.
But, could I tell him anything?
Would he listen?
He had it “really bad.” The apnea. Documented in the “severe” category, 40-50 interruptions an hour.
That’s almost one clog-up a minute. He had to wear this machine with tubes coming out of it, and it sort of looked like the robot from “Danger, danger, Will Robinson!” Lots of tubing. Bendy and lengthy.
He hated that machine. Hated the sound it made. Hated the way it made him look. The way it made him feel.
The eating part probably didn’t do a lot for his heart, either. I mean, he obviously ate everything. Anything. He would finish his plate, my plate, then the kids’ plates. Good thing we didn’t have a dog.
Yeah, he should have cut way back on that eating thing.
And, the smoking. Five cigars, I mean, really. . . .
“I smoked a two-footer on the way in to work today. I had to prop it on the steering wheel! You should have seen the looks I got—
Hilarious,” he’d say.
But, he loved it all so. Really loved it . . .
… until next time.
Finalist and 1st Runner-Up in Broad Humor Film Festival Screenwriting Contest
Top 24 Finalist Los Angeles Reel Film Festival 2011
Top 20 Finalist Atlanta Film Festival
WHY THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK – An Edgy Memoir from an Outspoken Survivor
Check out Belle Karper’s – Beauties and Beasts – Blog! Baby! Blog!
and Belle Karper Face Book & the popular Twitter-Belle – The Ridiculous Escapades of Belle Karper on YouTube!
Tags: 2011, Author, belle, bitter, BLACK, Book, California, Death, depression, desperation, Edgy, Gems, grave, Grief, humor, husband, karper, Life, Los Angeles, love, Memoir, memory, mom, ouch, Outspoken, screenwriter, Speaker, Survivor, the road, THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK, wit, Writing Gems
About SheriBelleAward-Winning Author & Screenwriter
Belle Karper’s Beauties and Beasts!
Buy Belle’s Books
Buy Belle’s Books
Las Vegas Film Festival – Official Finalist
2012 Winner Best Dramedy, 2010 First Runner Up Comedy
Feed My Fish!
Subscribe to Belle Karper’s Feed!
SHARE THIS BLOG!
Searching for something?
Share this Blog!
What I Got . . .
- 1001 Things I have Done . . . So Get Off The Freakin' Couch!
- 1001 Things to Do Before I Die
- Belle Hell
- Belle's Pics
- Books & Hooks
- Daily Random Fact
- Daily WHY THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK
- Date Coach – Lighten Up!
- Digital Books Available to Buy!
- Farmville Anonymous
- Friendly Links
- Geo Cache Winky-Dinks
- Holy Crap…
- I'm Bothered
- Internet Doo-Dah
- Joke of the Day!
- Just a thought . . .
- Life Is Good Moment
- Life is Like Real Estate
- Literary News
- Make Me Smile
- Making Up With Mortella
- Middle Finger Award
- Now You See Me . . .
- Parent Traps
- PICKLED TINK Screenplay
- Pleasant Memories
- Poet ABC's
- POETIC PROSE
- Q & A "Belle-view"
- Reality Bites
- RED HOT LOVE Or… RADAR LOVE?
- Rock n Roll!
- Song of the Day
- THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK – An Edgy Memoir of an Outspoken Survivor
- Things to Ponder
- Utopian Thoughts (AKA Yeah. Right.)
- Video Momma
- What's Up, Buttercup?
- Widow 101.A
- Word Head
- Writing Gems
- You Gotta Cry!
- You Gotta Laugh
- You Tube
Share this blog!
Belle’s Cloud of Randomness
- #JonathanQuick #helmet by #DavidPerron as #LAKings #win #StanleyCup #Hockey #Playoff #Round1Game3 in #Staples #Center http://t.co/YiQCxRcWIM 4 years ago
- IN PRODUCTION! Hold tight!: bit.ly/W3ZU7K 4 years ago
- IN PRODUCTION! Hold tight! wp.me/pvxlu-HW 4 years ago
- NAMM! NAMM! NAMM! Hot Damn! — Day 1 (Pics): NAMM was an incredible success! I got tons of opportunities to talk ... bit.ly/WxrL1A 4 years ago
- NAMM! NAMM! NAMM! Hot Damn! — Day 1 (Pics) wp.me/pvxlu-HM 4 years ago