- in 1001 Things I have Done . . . So Get Off The Freakin' Couch!, 1001 Things to Do Before I Die, Belle Hell, Books & Hooks, Daily WHY THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK, Holy Crap..., I'm Bothered, Literary News, POETIC PROSE, PROSE, Reality Bites, THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK - An Edgy Memoir of an Outspoken Survivor, Things to Ponder, Uncategorized, Widow 101.A, Writing Gems
- Leave a comment
POETIC PROSE: Entry 3, Chapter 2… Why The Widow Wears Black
It’s no secret that I am… was… a widow.
This is a thrust story of edgy survival, desperation, wit and humor.
An irreverant look at the death of a husband… my husband… my late husband.
This was then… Real life. Real death.
In Why The Widow Wears Black, my Award-Winning Book, will be posted in it’s entirety. This book is dedicated to my children… and their survival… And, to Jim, my new husband. Without their support this book would not have been written.
Be sure to sign up, so that you don’t miss an entry.
This is a True Life Story.
So, it goes like this . . .
Entry 3, Chapter 2
NO. I PERSONALLY do not know that air . . . not yet.
But, I will momentarily. It will become a part of my every day breathing.
In and out.
Watch out, it may not be dry yet, that venomous foam. I might accidentally breathe some “widow air” on you.
So, you will treat me gingerly. Differently. You might even be a little afraid of me.
It is not nice.
No. Nor does it seem fair. Death is not fair to our logical mind. Yet death is an everyday normalcy, almost an antimiracle that transforms us from touched emotional beings into slack tumbled statues with odd-colored complexions. Expanding even
though we are long past our last breath.
Do you risk getting too close? Getting too close to this widow, this mourning.
Does blue become you?
Blue becomes us all . . . eventually.
The color of blue, how deceptively soft until it’s biting your fingernails and shading your lips. And, then boo-hoo.
Ah yes, blue becomes us all.
… until next time.
Finalist and 1st Runner-Up in Broad Humor Film Festival Screenwriting Contest
Top 24 Finalist Los Angeles Reel Film Festival 2011
Top 20 Finalist Atlanta Film Festival
WHY THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK – An Edgy Memoir from an Outspoken Survivor
Check out Belle Karper’s – Beauties and Beasts – Blog! Baby! Blog!
and Belle Karper Face Book & the popular Twitter-Belle – The Ridiculous Escapades of Belle Karper on YouTube!
Tags: 2011, Author, belle, bitter, BLACK, Book, California, Death, depression, desperation, Edgy, Gems, grave, Grief, humor, husband, karper, Life, Los Angeles, love, Memoir, memory, mom, ouch, Outspoken, screenwriter, Speaker, Survivor, the road, THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK, wit, Writing Gems
About SheriBelleAward-Winning Author & Screenwriter
Belle Karper’s Beauties and Beasts!
Buy Belle’s Books
Buy Belle’s Books
Las Vegas Film Festival – Official Finalist
2012 Winner Best Dramedy, 2010 First Runner Up Comedy
Feed My Fish!
Subscribe to Belle Karper’s Feed!
SHARE THIS BLOG!
Searching for something?
Share this Blog!
What I Got . . .
- 1001 Things I have Done . . . So Get Off The Freakin' Couch!
- 1001 Things to Do Before I Die
- Belle Hell
- Belle's Pics
- Books & Hooks
- Daily Random Fact
- Daily WHY THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK
- Date Coach – Lighten Up!
- Digital Books Available to Buy!
- Farmville Anonymous
- Friendly Links
- Geo Cache Winky-Dinks
- Holy Crap…
- I'm Bothered
- Internet Doo-Dah
- Joke of the Day!
- Just a thought . . .
- Life Is Good Moment
- Life is Like Real Estate
- Literary News
- Make Me Smile
- Making Up With Mortella
- Middle Finger Award
- Now You See Me . . .
- Parent Traps
- PICKLED TINK Screenplay
- Pleasant Memories
- Poet ABC's
- POETIC PROSE
- Q & A "Belle-view"
- Reality Bites
- RED HOT LOVE Or… RADAR LOVE?
- Rock n Roll!
- Song of the Day
- THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK – An Edgy Memoir of an Outspoken Survivor
- Things to Ponder
- Utopian Thoughts (AKA Yeah. Right.)
- Video Momma
- What's Up, Buttercup?
- Widow 101.A
- Word Head
- Writing Gems
- You Gotta Cry!
- You Gotta Laugh
- You Tube
Share this blog!
Belle’s Cloud of Randomness
- #JonathanQuick #helmet by #DavidPerron as #LAKings #win #StanleyCup #Hockey #Playoff #Round1Game3 in #Staples #Center http://t.co/YiQCxRcWIM 4 years ago
- IN PRODUCTION! Hold tight!: bit.ly/W3ZU7K 4 years ago
- IN PRODUCTION! Hold tight! wp.me/pvxlu-HW 4 years ago
- NAMM! NAMM! NAMM! Hot Damn! — Day 1 (Pics): NAMM was an incredible success! I got tons of opportunities to talk ... bit.ly/WxrL1A 4 years ago
- NAMM! NAMM! NAMM! Hot Damn! — Day 1 (Pics) wp.me/pvxlu-HM 4 years ago