- in 1001 Things I have Done . . . So Get Off The Freakin' Couch!, Belle's Pics, Daily Random Fact, Just a thought . . ., Life Is Good Moment, Make Me Smile, Now You See Me . . ., Parent Traps, Pleasant Memories, Q & A "Belle-view", Reality Bites, Super-Belle!, Things to Ponder, Twitter-Belle, Uncategorized, What's Up, Buttercup?, Writing Gems
- 3 Comments
Pumpkin Goo… and The Essence of Thanksgiving! (Pics)
So, it goes like this . . .
So people want to know what my pumpkin goo is…
Pumpkin Goo is my interpretation of pumpkin pie without the crust. I bake it for 5 hours until the moisture is almost completely gone, and then I force my family to eat it with Cool Whip and tell them it’s actually pumpkin pie.
I think they bought it…
Can you believe that I got compliments?
I am a horrible cook.
I really don’t even know why I try sometimes, but my husband… my husband is incredible!
I would love for him to cook every single day, not only for the fact that he is an excellent cook but also for the fact that then I wouldn’t have to be in the kitchen.
I can’t help it that I am not a Martha Stewart kind of girl.
Have you ever seen one of Martha Stewart’s television shows?
Like I would want to party with her.
It would be much like sleeping, but only awake… and on a bountiful table of sun-toasted greens and mixed hay on a a bed of sea salted crusties.
So, yeah… my family is used to my own interpretations of many holidays.
I am not bound by tradition.
I draw outside the lines, baby.
Always have, always will.
It is not a mistake that my family loves my Pumpkin Goo since they have been raised on cripy black hot dogs, blue-box mac-and-cheese, and Albertson’s Monday Chicken Meal deals from the market.
Frankly, they crave my Pumpkin Goo since it is the closest thing to home-made food… once a year… 😉
… that is not burnt.
I’m a really great person for love, though.
Got tons of love.
Never out of love.
I am the Queen of Love.
But… cooking… how you say… not so much.
I do believe that Thanksgiving is about Food AND Love.
So… One out of two isn’t bad. A 50% success rate is not too shabby on a day that has some serious cooking in it, right?
That is the essence of Thanksgiving to me… my Pumpkin Goo, and someone else making all the rest of the great food, and lots of love.
Yeah, like ample amounts of love.
Like my mom crying when she says how much she loves us…
And, then at that vulnerable moment I throw some more Pumpkin Goo on her plate…
I also sneak on some more Cool Whip.
It’s all good… including the Pumpkin Goo.
And, the love.
And, the yelling that the rolls are getting burned.
Yelling is a big part of Thanksgiving.
Lots of loud love.
Lots of love…
Hope your day was over flowing!
S. Belle Karper, Author, Speaker www.BelleKarper.com
THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK – An Edgy Memoir from an Outspoken Survivor
Check out S. Belle Karper’s – Beauties and Beasts – Blog! Baby! Blog!
and Belle Karper Face Book & the popular Twitter-Belle – all on Website
Save it, Baby! Count me in!
Tags: 2009, albertson's, Author, belle, bitter, Book, California, coffee, cool whip, Death, eat, Edgy, food, goo, Grief, husband, karper, Life, Los Angeles, loud, love, martha stewart, Memoir, memory, pumpkin, queen, Speaker, sugar, Survivor, thanksgiving, Writing Gems
About SheriBelleAward-Winning Author & Screenwriter
Belle Karper’s Beauties and Beasts!
Buy Belle’s Books
Buy Belle’s Books
Las Vegas Film Festival – Official Finalist
2012 Winner Best Dramedy, 2010 First Runner Up Comedy
Feed My Fish!
Subscribe to Belle Karper’s Feed!
SHARE THIS BLOG!
Searching for something?
Share this Blog!
What I Got . . .
- 1001 Things I have Done . . . So Get Off The Freakin' Couch!
- 1001 Things to Do Before I Die
- Belle Hell
- Belle's Pics
- Books & Hooks
- Daily Random Fact
- Daily WHY THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK
- Date Coach – Lighten Up!
- Digital Books Available to Buy!
- Farmville Anonymous
- Friendly Links
- Geo Cache Winky-Dinks
- Holy Crap…
- I'm Bothered
- Internet Doo-Dah
- Joke of the Day!
- Just a thought . . .
- Life Is Good Moment
- Life is Like Real Estate
- Literary News
- Make Me Smile
- Making Up With Mortella
- Middle Finger Award
- Now You See Me . . .
- Parent Traps
- PICKLED TINK Screenplay
- Pleasant Memories
- Poet ABC's
- POETIC PROSE
- Q & A "Belle-view"
- Reality Bites
- RED HOT LOVE Or… RADAR LOVE?
- Rock n Roll!
- Song of the Day
- THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK – An Edgy Memoir of an Outspoken Survivor
- Things to Ponder
- Utopian Thoughts (AKA Yeah. Right.)
- Video Momma
- What's Up, Buttercup?
- Widow 101.A
- Word Head
- Writing Gems
- You Gotta Cry!
- You Gotta Laugh
- You Tube
Share this blog!
Belle’s Cloud of Randomness
- #JonathanQuick #helmet by #DavidPerron as #LAKings #win #StanleyCup #Hockey #Playoff #Round1Game3 in #Staples #Center http://t.co/YiQCxRcWIM 4 years ago
- IN PRODUCTION! Hold tight!: bit.ly/W3ZU7K 4 years ago
- IN PRODUCTION! Hold tight! wp.me/pvxlu-HW 4 years ago
- NAMM! NAMM! NAMM! Hot Damn! — Day 1 (Pics): NAMM was an incredible success! I got tons of opportunities to talk ... bit.ly/WxrL1A 4 years ago
- NAMM! NAMM! NAMM! Hot Damn! — Day 1 (Pics) wp.me/pvxlu-HM 4 years ago