- in 1001 Things I have Done . . . So Get Off The Freakin' Couch!, Belle's Pics, Books & Hooks, Just a thought . . ., Life Is Good Moment, Make Me Smile, Now You See Me . . ., Parent Traps, Pleasant Memories, Q & A "Belle-view", Reality Bites, Super-Belle!, Things to Ponder, Twitter-Belle, What's Up, Buttercup?, Word Head, Writing Gems
- Leave a comment
So, it goes like this . . .
One of my favorite memories of my childhood is opening a new box of crayons.
The green and golden rod box — a cube of 64 creators sitting there at my call.
They stand at pointed salute as I pinch the corners of the box and tilt back the angular lid to reveal my new bought treasures.
As I open it, a fragrant cloud of Crayola scents stick in my mind.
I take a deep breath of them.
Nothing smells like a new box of crayons.
And let’s just say, that nothing in life is ever as beautifully organized as those cascading colored markers… standing row after row.
I remember… the moment of silence I always gave them before I put my hand into choose the first one.
I knew that once I used it, the pristine myth of this waxed rainbow would be forever marred.
Just like the dent on the new car… it will never be new again.
Yes… even in my youth, I understood the magic of the Crayola box, and gave it worthy audience.
So, I took all of those 64 friends…
Where are we going today?
I have a blank piece of paper and only 1,000,001 thoughts in my head.
Yes… and who shall be first? Who gets the honor of my first stroke?
But, that honor comes with a price, you know.
You’ll never be the same when I’m done with you…
However remember, that with the change of my crayon comes the beauty of the new creation on my paper.
A page of cellophaned candy canes…
Another of cherry lollipops and ballerina toe shoes…
A colorful creation of flowers in my garden…
My mother asked me, “Honey, you have drawn such beautiful flowers here in your garden, but some of them… did you not have time to finish your picture in kindergarten class?”
“Because next to your flowers, some of them are just sticks with little leaves on them. Why in your garden did you draw only sticks rising up next to your beautiful flowers?”
“Because Mommy,” I said looking back at my paper, “those are the flowers that I have already picked…”
S. Belle Karper, Author, Speaker www.BelleKarper.com
THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK – An Edgy Memoir from an Outspoken Survivor
Check out S. Belle Karper’s – Beauties and Beasts – Blog! Baby! Blog!
and Belle Karper Face Book & the popular Twitter-Belle – all on Website
Save it, Baby! Count me in!
Tags: 2009, Author, belle, BLACK, Book, California, crayola, crayon, crayons, Death, Edgy, Grief, karper, Life, Los Angeles, love, Memoir, memory, Outspoken, picture, pictures, Speaker, Survivor, THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK, Writing Gems
About SheriBelleAward-Winning Author & Screenwriter
Belle Karper’s Beauties and Beasts!
Buy Belle’s Books
Buy Belle’s Books
Las Vegas Film Festival – Official Finalist
2012 Winner Best Dramedy, 2010 First Runner Up Comedy
Feed My Fish!
Subscribe to Belle Karper’s Feed!
SHARE THIS BLOG!
Searching for something?
Share this Blog!
What I Got . . .
- 1001 Things I have Done . . . So Get Off The Freakin' Couch!
- 1001 Things to Do Before I Die
- Belle Hell
- Belle's Pics
- Books & Hooks
- Daily Random Fact
- Daily WHY THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK
- Date Coach – Lighten Up!
- Digital Books Available to Buy!
- Farmville Anonymous
- Friendly Links
- Geo Cache Winky-Dinks
- Holy Crap…
- I'm Bothered
- Internet Doo-Dah
- Joke of the Day!
- Just a thought . . .
- Life Is Good Moment
- Life is Like Real Estate
- Literary News
- Make Me Smile
- Making Up With Mortella
- Middle Finger Award
- Now You See Me . . .
- Parent Traps
- PICKLED TINK Screenplay
- Pleasant Memories
- Poet ABC's
- POETIC PROSE
- Q & A "Belle-view"
- Reality Bites
- RED HOT LOVE Or… RADAR LOVE?
- Rock n Roll!
- Song of the Day
- THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK – An Edgy Memoir of an Outspoken Survivor
- Things to Ponder
- Utopian Thoughts (AKA Yeah. Right.)
- Video Momma
- What's Up, Buttercup?
- Widow 101.A
- Word Head
- Writing Gems
- You Gotta Cry!
- You Gotta Laugh
- You Tube
Share this blog!
Belle’s Cloud of Randomness
- #JonathanQuick #helmet by #DavidPerron as #LAKings #win #StanleyCup #Hockey #Playoff #Round1Game3 in #Staples #Center http://t.co/YiQCxRcWIM 4 years ago
- IN PRODUCTION! Hold tight!: bit.ly/W3ZU7K 4 years ago
- IN PRODUCTION! Hold tight! wp.me/pvxlu-HW 4 years ago
- NAMM! NAMM! NAMM! Hot Damn! — Day 1 (Pics): NAMM was an incredible success! I got tons of opportunities to talk ... bit.ly/WxrL1A 4 years ago
- NAMM! NAMM! NAMM! Hot Damn! — Day 1 (Pics) wp.me/pvxlu-HM 4 years ago