- in 1001 Things I have Done . . . So Get Off The Freakin' Couch!, 1001 Things to Do Before I Die, Belle Hell, Books & Hooks, Daily WHY THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK, Holy Crap..., I'm Bothered, Literary News, POETIC PROSE, PROSE, Reality Bites, THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK - An Edgy Memoir of an Outspoken Survivor, Things to Ponder, Uncategorized, Widow 101.A, Writing Gems
- Leave a Comment
POETIC PROSE: Why The Widow Wears Black… Entry 1, Chapter 2
It’s no secret that I am… was… a widow.
This is a thrust story of edgy survival, desperation, wit and humor.
An irreverant look at the death of a husband… my husband… my late husband.
This was then… Real life. Real death.
In Why The Widow Wears Black, my Award-Winning Book, will be posted in it’s entirety. This book is dedicated to my children… and their survival… And, to Jim, my new husband. Without their support this book would not have been written.
Be sure to sign up, so that you don’t miss an entry.
This is a True Life Story.
So, it goes like this . . .
Entry 1, Chapter 2
THE CASKET CLOSED with a thud, though I did not hear it.
The gasp could be heard from the next room, but I did not hear that either.
But, I know where my brother Scott is. Yes. And, I know what he is doing. I have an imagination, you know.
Yes. I know what he is doing.
Scott’s propped there, I’m sure. Trembling. Alone with a stranger. An employee of the mortuary. Looking at it – at my husband – at Gabriel – at the body – when he finally sees what is left after the dying part is done.
How long it must have taken my brother to recognize him.
How different dead must look drawn on the face of the person that you knew. Yes, he takes just a little too long to focus on my husband’s leftover parts. Trying to discern the individuality of his nose, questioning the shape of those eyes that were normally seen open, verifying the rounding of his chin. . . .
And, then the jolt. The bam, back into the reality of that face.
That unbreathing face.
Yes. How different dead must look.
Maybe there was just a little too much clarity in that moment.
Poor thing, my brother. He’s probably fumbling and grabbing the employee’s arm as if she’s an able friend. And then . . . finally . . . yes, I’m sure that it was only a nod. Doubtless, Scott squelched a choke when he tried to speak. So yes, I am sure that it was only a nod he gave her. Only a nod of verification.
He takes a breath, to steady himself.
… until next time.
Finalist and 1st Runner-Up in Broad Humor Film Festival Screenwriting Contest
Top 24 Finalist Los Angeles Reel Film Festival 2011
Top 20 Finalist Atlanta Film Festival
WHY THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK - An Edgy Memoir from an Outspoken Survivor
Check out Belle Karper’s – Beauties and Beasts – Blog! Baby! Blog!
and Belle Karper Face Book & the popular Twitter-Belle - The Ridiculous Escapades of Belle Karper on YouTube!
Tags: 2011, Author, belle, bitter, BLACK, Book, California, Death, depression, desperation, Edgy, Gems, grave, Grief, humor, husband, karper, Life, Los Angeles, love, Memoir, memory, mom, ouch, Outspoken, screenwriter, Speaker, Survivor, the road, THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK, wit, Writing Gems
About SheriBelleAward-Winning Author & Screenwriter
Belle Karper’s Beauties and Beasts!
Buy Belle’s Books
Buy Belle’s Books
Las Vegas Film Festival – Official Finalist
2012 Winner Best Dramedy, 2010 First Runner Up Comedy
Feed My Fish!
Subscribe to Belle Karper’s Feed!
SHARE THIS BLOG!
Searching for something?
Share this Blog!
What I Got . . .
- 1001 Things I have Done . . . So Get Off The Freakin' Couch!
- 1001 Things to Do Before I Die
- Belle Hell
- Belle's Pics
- Books & Hooks
- Daily Random Fact
- Daily WHY THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK
- Date Coach – Lighten Up!
- Digital Books Available to Buy!
- Farmville Anonymous
- Friendly Links
- Geo Cache Winky-Dinks
- Holy Crap…
- I'm Bothered
- Internet Doo-Dah
- Joke of the Day!
- Just a thought . . .
- Life Is Good Moment
- Life is Like Real Estate
- Literary News
- Make Me Smile
- Making Up With Mortella
- Middle Finger Award
- Now You See Me . . .
- Parent Traps
- PICKLED TINK Screenplay
- Pleasant Memories
- Poet ABC's
- POETIC PROSE
- Q & A "Belle-view"
- Reality Bites
- RED HOT LOVE Or… RADAR LOVE?
- Rock n Roll!
- Song of the Day
- THE WIDOW WEARS BLACK – An Edgy Memoir of an Outspoken Survivor
- Things to Ponder
- Utopian Thoughts (AKA Yeah. Right.)
- Video Momma
- What's Up, Buttercup?
- Widow 101.A
- Word Head
- Writing Gems
- You Gotta Cry!
- You Gotta Laugh
- You Tube
Share this blog!
Belle’s Cloud of Randomness
- #JonathanQuick #helmet by #DavidPerron as #LAKings #win #StanleyCup #Hockey #Playoff #Round1Game3 in #Staples #Center http://t.co/YiQCxRcWIM 7 months ago
- IN PRODUCTION! Hold tight!: bit.ly/W3ZU7K 10 months ago
- IN PRODUCTION! Hold tight! wp.me/pvxlu-HW 10 months ago
- NAMM! NAMM! NAMM! Hot Damn! — Day 1 (Pics): NAMM was an incredible success! I got tons of opportunities to talk ... bit.ly/WxrL1A 10 months ago
- NAMM! NAMM! NAMM! Hot Damn! — Day 1 (Pics) wp.me/pvxlu-HM 10 months ago